top of page

What type of insurance do I need for my RV?

For a motorized RV such as a motor home, mini-motor home or camper van you will need to maintain your state's minimum liability coverages to be street legal. For non-motorized RVs such as Travel Trailers, 5th Wheels and Horse Trailers with Living Quarters and the like Bodily Injury and Property Damage liability coverages are not needed since they do not have an engine. If you have a loan on your RV or would like to insure the value you will need to carry comprehensive and Collison. To fully protect your unit a specialty RV policy can be purchased to include coverages designed to protect against RV related risks such as Total Loss Replacement, Vacation Liability, Personal Effects and Emergency Expenses. Get started.

Recent Posts

See All

Helpful RV Links

Get started on your RV adventure with some helpful links from SimpleRV Family Motor Coach Association Good Sam RV Park Reviews

Do you need separate insurance on an RV?

RV owners often insure their RV's with companies that specialize in auto insurance. Unfortunately, when they do, they are missing out on the many RV specialty coverages available to them.

What is considered full time RV living?

Most RV specialty carriers will consider you a full timer if you use your RV as a home for more than 6 months a year. Some carriers have a 150 day cut of. Regardless, there are many benefits to adding


bottom of page